Coastal Virginia Wine Fest Vendor Packet
Welcome to the Coastal Virginia Magazine Wine Fest taking place January 28-29 at the Virginia Beach Convention Center located at 1000 19th Street, Virginia Beach, VA 23451. Hours of this event are: Saturday Noon-7pm and Sunday Noon-5pm. This exciting event will be the perfect way for you to showcase your superb wines, foods, and business. We are thrilled that you are participating!
Below is a listing of important details that you will need in order to make your event a success. Please read this information thoroughly so that we can expect smooth preparations.
Set Up Time/Info:
Please stay within the load in times to ensure everyone gets inside in a timely manner.
• Friday January 27.
• Boat and LOVE sign load in 9 a.m.-10 am (REMINDER-gas is required to be ¼ tank or less)
• Vendors load in Noon-8 p.m.
• Saturday January 16
• Vendor load in 7 a.m.-10 a.m.
PLEASE CONTACT PAMELA HOPKINS AT PAM@VGNET.COM TO LET HER KNOW WHETHER YOU PLAN TO LOAD IN ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY.
• Upon arrival please check in at the Coastal Virginia Wine Fest Check-In table located inside the hall near the loading dock at the back of the building to receive your vendor passes.
• Loading Dock HALL A & B. There will be a Dock Guard on site to instruct you and staffers will be on hand to assist. You will have 30 minutes to unload your booth items to your assigned booth.
• We will have vendor signs placed on booths to make location of your booth easier. Staff will assist in locating your booth as well. Set up MUST be completed on Saturday NO LATER than 11:30 a.m. Doors open to guests at Noon. Please be ready for guests by 11:30 a.m.
• All wine/beer TASTING Wristbands are different colors for each day.
SAT TASTING- NEON BLUE
SUN TASTING- NEON GREEN
2-DAY TASTING- YELLOW
PLEASE- Make your staffers aware of these colors. No wine or beer samplings to guests without a wristband.
• ALL vendors will receive tasting wristbands and glasses when checking in.
• Winery & Vendor Meeting: 11 am Saturday in front of Main Stage. Please attend for important update information.
SUNDAY EARLY ENTRY FOR RESTAURANTS-WINE TASTING:
By last year’s suggestion from our wineries, we have sent invitations to area restaurants to invite them in on SUNDAY ONLY- one hour early at 11am to taste your wines. This is to encourage the restaurants to perhaps carry/feature your wines in their restaurants. Please be ready for this early entry on Sunday.
• App-A-Cab is our cab sponsor on site to ensure any guests who are unable to drive can get home safe. Please remind our guests the rides are not free but the cab is ready for rides.
Break Down Time:
• Sunday 5p.m.- 9p.m.
• No breakdown prior to 5 p.m. will be permitted. This is to insure the safety of our guests and other vendors.
• Each winery will receive 6 vendor passes, 6 tasting wristbands and 6 glasses. All other vendors will receive 4 vendor passes, 4 tasting wristbands and 4 glasses. The passes will allow for you and your staff to come and go throughout the hall during the two-day event. Please be sure to keep the passes in a safe place when not in use and bring with you to the fest on Sunday. These passes are for BOTH days and are part of your vendor check-in package.
• If you should need electricity for your booth, these arrangements can be made in advance directly with the Virginia Beach Convention Center as they control the payments and the utilities of these services. Please visit http://www.visitvirginiabeach.com/conventioncenter/. For electricity click on Utility Service Rates. Also you can arrange these services the day of check-in at the VBCC Business Center if you find this easier.
• Wi-Fi is included with each booth. We are awaiting pass-codes and network info and you will receive this information in a separate email before arrival.
• Ice will be available for purchase. There will be a one-time charge of $20 per day for the two-day weekend. Pay one time and be on the ice list.
• We will have an ice trailer on site with staff shuttling ice to vendors who are participating.
• If you would like to purchase ice from us you can pay the $20 in advance with a credit card by contacting Kelsey Stephens at 757-422-8979 ext 114 or pay by check or cash day of at vendor check in. You may provide your own ice if you choose. There will be a schedule for ice runs: 10am-Noon & 2-4pm both days.
• Water stations for guests to drink or wash out glasses will be placed throughout halls.
• There is a room for vendors to use with a water hose and rinsing area in the back corner of the hall. If you cannot locate please ask a staffer.
• All booths include pipe and drape with 8 ft backs and 3 ft sides, covered and skirted 6 ft table and two chairs, vendor sign. Winery pipe and drape is burgundy and all other vendors will have gray and white.
• There will be large trashcans for both recycled and regular trash placed down each aisle and throughout the hall for your use.
• Feel free to bring your own tables, linens, towels and décor for your booth if you wish.
• Any extra tables will be given out on a first come first serve basis.
• Buses provided by Legacy Coach will be transporting guests to and from participating hotels (at designated drop off-pick up areas) to the convention center during the two-day event.
• Pick up and drop off will be located in front of Convention Center.
Wine Purchase Hold Area:
• This is for Wine Purchases Only. Guests who purchase wine may leave their items here and pick up upon leaving. This is to ensure efficient purchases.
• The Wine Purchase Hold Area is located in the pre-function foyer area outside the entry doors. Please feel free to let your guests know this is available when purchasing wine. We will give pre- printed claim tickets that you can display at your booth as a reminder.
• There will be bag check runners, wearing black shirts with Volunteer in white letters on the front of the shirts, who will pick up large purchases (boxes or bags) from your booth and take them to the purchase hold area. We will have a procedure in place for this and will explain during the vendor meeting at 11 am on Saturday at the Main Stage.
• Wine Check cut off will be 1 hour prior to closing. Sat we close at 7pm-Sun we close at 5pm.
• We will be asking wineries for any empty boxes they want to get rid of to use in our wine purchase hold area. If you have boxes you want to get rid of please let a staffer know.
Permits/Outside Food Forms:
• All wineries should have a copy of their ABC permits and have them displayed.
• All vendors serving food samples are required to submit for approval a form online directly to the Virginia Beach Convention Center 2 weeks prior to event day.
• Wineries must submit a Certificate of Insurance (see your exhibitor contract). If you have not sent yours to Pam (email@example.com) yet-please do so asap.
Inclement Weather or Road Blocks:
• We will contact vendors by way of CoVa facebook, website and emails in the event of bad weather or roadblocks due to city events.
• Coastal Virginia Wine Fest staffers will be on site beginning at 9 a.m. on Friday and 7 a.m. on Saturday.
• For questions on Saturday you may contact Paul Brannock at 757‐639-3655, and for concerns prior to the event you may contact Pamela Hopkins at 757‐422-8979 ext 104.
• We will be wearing black shirts with white “staff” or “volunteer” letters and staff badges and will be happy to assist you.
We look forward to seeing you at the Coastal Virginia Wine Fest.
Special Events Coordinator
Coastal Virginia Magazine/Coastal Virginia Bride/VA. Wine Lover Magazine
1264 Perimeter Parkway
Va. Beach, Va.23454
Office: 757-422-8979 ext. 104
Work email: firstname.lastname@example.org